Welcome to the GPAI Art Competition Page!
OPENS 10 MAY 2021
CLOSES 31 AUGUST 2021
Entry: Free – Open to all GPAI athletes
Theme: Our Vision
Our theme for the GPAI 2022 Calendar is Our Vision. By this, we mean the GPAI (Golf Programs Australia Incorporated) vision of a purpose built golf facility (PBGF) to provide wonderful training and work placement opportunities specifically for you, our valued athletes and students.
Winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) will be selected to be included in the official 2022 Our Vision GPAI Calendar.
The 2021 Our Vision competition will be judged by our professional artists and founding members, Darrell and Michelle Dalton. They will decide on the winning 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places. The winning artists will be awarded a page/month in the calendar displaying their artwork, as well as their photograph and brief description.
The calendar will also include artworks by four new professional artists, as well as two artworks created by Jill Keating (Jilli K), Head of Creative Projects for GPAI, and a photograph by a professional photographer, yet to be announced.
Each athlete can choose one of the following subjects, which are all a part of the GPAI Purpose Built Golf Facility (PBGF) vision:
- 36 Bay Driving Range (Chosen by Andy Roberts)
- Greenskeeping Facility (Chosen by Josiah Bradshaw)
- Car Park (Chosen by Caitlin Larson)
- 18 Hole Pitch and Putt Golf Course
- GPAI Charity Pro-Shop (Chosen by Jarred Fleming)
- GPAI Office (Chosen by Renee Ruming)
- Cafe/Events Centre (Chosen by Sophie Bolton)
- Indoor Golf Simulator Centre (Chosen by Sebastian McCormick)
- Mini Golf (Chosen by Adam Leak)
- Additional Shops/Offices
- Gated Community
- Warehouse includes Golf Ball Cleaner (Chosen by Bevan Ashworth)
- Edible Garden
- Driving Range Cafe (Chosen by Luke Neylan)
- Whipper Snipper (Chosen by Dennis Oliver)
- Shuttle Bus – 21 Seater (Chosen by Shaun Beardmore)
First in gets the first choice, so please let Jill Keating or Michelle know as soon as you have decided so that we can lock you in
- Size: A4
- Rotation: Landscape (A4 proportion on its side)
Medium: Pencils, pens, acrylic, water-colour, mixed-media, collage/montage. Anything really. Hint – bright, eye-catching, or quirky all make an interesting artwork suitable for our calendar.
Your Original Artwork: Seeing as we only need a quality photograph of your work, it is up to each athlete to decide what they would like to do with their original work. You may choose to keep your work, sell it or give it away.
The following established local artists have selected these PBGF components for inclusion in the calendar…
- Golf Buggy (Chosen by Jill Beagley)
- 8-10 Onsite Cabins/Communal Shower and Toilet Block (Chosen by Ange Murphy)
- Grey Nomad Short Term Placements -10 spots (Chosen by Kath Ashworth)
- 100 acre vision “Map” to be created by indigenous artist Les Phillips for our “Acknowledgement to Country”.